When large amount of contents in chart are corrected, this chart is published as "new edition" in the same chart number as previous one. (The publication date at the center of lowest portion become new one.) After publication as "new edition", the previous chart in the same number become withdrawn. You cannot only purchase it but also cannot use it for navigation even though keep updating by notices to mariners and chartlet.
You can confirm "issue date" of each chart on JHA's website. (Even in this case, you must update it by Notices to Mariners and chartlets.)
- New Chart
- means totally new edited and published chart in new area or new scale or new embraced area. In this case, new chart number, title, publication date are printed.
- New Edition
- means newly revised chart because of its big change in contents. In this case, chart number and title remain unchanged, but publication date will be renewed.
- means previous chart which become "Withdrawn" on publication of the same number of chart, as New Edition. Users cannot use the withdrawn chart for navigation even having chart was kept updating according to Notices to Mariners (NtM).
Information of "Withdrawal chart" is announced on NtM in print and the JCG website.
- means additionally printed chart to restock, and all the updated information by notices to mariners and chartlets is included to reprinted charts. Users who purchased it before reprint can use it as long as they keep updating by notices to mariners and chartlets. The date of reprint is printed in small letter at the right bottom on chart.
- Out of Print
- means the chart not available but its users can use it for navigation as long as they keep update by notices to mariners and chartlets.